Location: Winona County, MN
Funding: Lessard-Sams 2012
Contact: Win-Cres Chapter
Goals: Improve a stretch of the stream that has been heavily damaged by floods by correcting the stream channel, creating a native plant community and stabilizing the eroding banks.
• Remove flood damage debris from the channel.
• Install an engineered stream crossing.
• Narrow the stream channel and reslope eroded banks
• Eradication of invasive species and planting of native vegetation
• Installation of overhead cover for trout
Implementation: Construction will begin April 2014.
Project Contributors: Trout Unlimited, MNDNR Fisheries, and Forestry, the local Conservation Corps crew, the Stockton-Rollingstone-Minnesota City Watershed District, and the Water Resources Center at Winona State University.