Location: Wabasha County, MN
Contact: Hiawatha Chapter
Funding: Lessard-Sams 2011
Goals: Reduce bank erosion, increase cover, reconnect stream to its floodplain, improve brown trout spawning habitat, improve/increase sunlight to streams and increase trout angling opportunities.
• Sloping and stabilization of stream banks.
• Installation of overhead cover for trout.
• Installation of soil erosion blankets.
• Mulching and seeding of exposed stream banks with native species and removing undesirable woody species.
• Improvement of stream crossings
Implementation: Construction was completed in 2011.
Project Contributors: Trout Unlimited and the MNDNR