MNTU is Hiring!mntuweb
MINNESOTA TROUT UNLIMITED
ABOUT MINNESOTA TROUT UNLIMITED:
Minnesota Trout Unlimited (“MNTU”) is a nonprofit environmental conservation organization
with thousands of members and five chapters. The mission of MNTU is to conserve, protect,
restore, and sustain Minnesota’s coldwater fisheries, their watersheds and groundwater
sources. Guided by science and data, MNTU envisions a future when all can enjoy the benefits
of robust populations of native and wild coldwater fish in Minnesota’s exceptional streams and
lakes. Since 2010 MNTU has restored or enhanced habitat for trout, as well as other wildlife, on
more than 100 miles of streams and rivers across Minnesota. Since 2015 MNTU has run an
outdoor education program in Minnesota schools.
Working closely with MNTU’s Executive Director, the Assistant Director will oversee and
prepare strategic communications for advocacy and development efforts; assist in the
management of general operations, including work with contractors and employees; and
coordinate chapter outreach and member engagement in advocacy, habitat, and MNTU’s
education program. This is a hybrid position based in the Twin Cities area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and manage communications for MNTU’s advocacy and development efforts
- Assist the Executive Director with administering MNTU operations, including work with
contractors and employees
- Coordinate outreach to chapters and members engaging in advocacy and habitat
- Manage MNTU’s education program
- Coordinate press and media opportunities with MNTU staff and volunteers
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of study, including public policy, communication, or
natural resources management
- Professional experience in project management, including work with contracts and
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement an advocacy or communication campaign
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with a wide variety of individuals—staff,
volunteers, partners—in achieving organizational goals
- Well-organized, self-motivated, and self-directed
- Excellent communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and a strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, email, and calendar programs
- Valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle
- Advanced degree in management, law, public policy, communication, or related field
- Professional experience developing and implementing effective advocacy initiatives
- Working knowledge of legislative and executive branch processes
- Familiarity with factors impacting the health and sustainability of aquatic ecosystems
- Passion for protecting and restoring coldwater fisheries and their watersheds
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This salaried position requires occasional long hours and weekend work, sometimes in excess of
40 hours per week.
Annual salary range is $65,000 to $75,000, depending upon experience. Benefit package
includes health insurance and retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for 3 professional references
compiled into a single PDF to: John Lenczewski, Executive Director, Minnesota Trout Unlimited
at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert the words “Assistant Director” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
Review of applicants will begin on August 31 and continue until the position is filled.
MNTU is an equal opportunity employer. MNTU hires staff without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.