Location: Goodhue County, MN
Contact: Twin Cities Chapter
Funding: Lessard-Sams 2008-2013
Goals: Increase the natural reproduction and biomass, reduce the sediment loads and chemicals into the creek, stabilize degraded banks, and provide a stable environment for the aquatic species that depend on the watershed.
• Bank stabilization with rip rap, soil erosion control blankets and native grasses.
• Installation of weirs and rock veins to narrow the stream
• Installation of skyhooks and lunker structures
Implementation: Construction began in the summer of 2008 and has continued every summer through 2013. If funds are continually available the work will extend to the entire watershed.
Funding: Lessard-Sams 2012
Goals: Enhance ~6,000’ of stream flowing thorough State Forest lands through habitat installation, stream stabilization and creation of a more native plant community.
• Sloping and stabilization of stream banks.
• Installation of overhead cover for trout.
• Installation of soil erosion blankets.
• Mulching and seeding of exposed stream banks with native species.
Implementation: Construction was completed summer 2012.